To make I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1. Instant Pot Garth’s Breakfast Bowl is a pot-in-pot recipe. This means that you will be cooking your casserole inside a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot liner. I actually like to use a 3 quart IP liner inside the 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot for pot-in-pot cooking. It works very well for deep casseroles. You can use a plethora of different pans and dishes for pot-in-pot cooking. Just make sure they are oven safe. A couple of my favorite are the Fat Daddios 7 x 3 inch pan* and these stainless steel pans. In addition, you’ll need a trivet with handles to lower the pan down into the Instant Pot. I like to use this OXO sling.
Instant Pot Garth Brooks’ Breakfast Bowl
A breakfast casserole with eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, tortellini and cheese. Make it fast in your Instant Pot or slow in your Crockpot.
- 1 ½ cups frozen hashbrowns
- 4 pre-cooked sausage patties, broken into 4 pieces each
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- ⅓ cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup half and half (or milk)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup grated cheddar
Instant Pot Instructions:
- This is a pot in pot recipe. This means that you will be cooking the breakfast casserole inside a pan that fits inside the Instant Pot liner. Spray the pot-in-pot dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add the hashbrowns to the bottom of the pan. Lightly salt and pepper the hashbrowns.
- Layer the sausage patties, tortellini and bacon on top. In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs, half and half and salt and pepper together. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the bacon.
- Pour 1 cup water into the bottom of the Instant Pot (or 1.5 cups for 8 quart pot). Place the egg pan on top of a trivet with handles*. Lower the pan into the Instant Pot liner.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and let it melt. Scoop into bowls and serve. You can add a couple drops of tabasco for a little kick or spoon on some salsa on top.
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Layer the hashbrowns, sausage, tortellini and bacon.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs, half and half and salt and pepper together. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the bacon.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheese and let melt. Scoop into bowls and serve. You can add a couple drops of tabasco for a little kick or spoon on some salsa on top.