I’ve found that the very best ratio of eggs/milk is 4 eggs for 1 cup of milk. This gives you excellent, rich and delicious french toast and works excellent with most types of bread. Personally, I love using good old classic white bread for French Toast. An ideal bread for will be a good hearty slice and on the thicker size. If you’ve got some brioche, that’s really ideal! Walmart has a brioche loaf that is super affordable and perfect. You can also get bread called Texas Toast. It’s a thicker sliced bread and available in most supermarket bread sections. But, if all you have is a standard loaf of whatever kind of bread, we can make this work.
Vanilla extract. And for this recipe, we’ll also use add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Vanilla extract gives French Toast that special taste, that flavor that you know and love. It turns the egg and milk mixture into a delicious, almost custard like taste which toasts up so good with the bread. So remember… 4 eggs, 1 cup of milk and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract is your perfect recipe for making amazing French Toast at home.
BEST DAMN FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6–8 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tbs butter
- Whisk milk, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Place griddle or pan over medium heat and melt butter in pan.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture for about about 5 seconds each. Make sure both sides are well coated.
- Now carefully place the bread in the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides. Approximately 2 minutes per side.