Light and fluffy German Pancakes are a breakfast staple and a family favorite! Our German Pancake Recipe takes only a few minutes to prepare – and you probably have everything on hand. Just five ingredients
My mom made these all the time growing up (just like her famous cinnamon rolls and the world’s best breakfast casserole) and we all absolutely loved them! I love how they puff up in the pan when they bake and I love eating them with powdered sugar and syrup drizzled on top
The best part about these German Pancakes is they only take about 5 seconds to prepare (you just throw everything in the blender) and the ingredients are items you typically have on hand or are cheap to purchase.
German Pancakes are a classic breakfast your whole family will love. They’re so easy too, just throw everything in the blender, then bake.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. As oven preheats, place the butter in a 9×13 baking dish and put in oven for the butter to melt.
- Place the eggs, milk, flour, salt and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour batter into the baking dish with the melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffy
- Remove from oven and sprinkle generously with syrup and powdered sugar or fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- To keep German Pancakes from sticking to the pan, make sure you let the butter completely melt in the pan before pouring the batter in.
- If you want to have more peaks in your pancakes, try swirling the batter when you pour so it mixes more with the butter! If you pour directly into the middle then the butter will push to the sides and that is where you will get your raised peaks!
- I always prepare my batter in a blender! It’s so much quicker and easier to wash than a mixing bowl and it combines the batter better as well!