learn how to make the best damn French Toast right at home with this easy recipe. We’ll use the perfect mixture of eggs and milk, some vanilla extract, and a little butter on the pan. And don’t worry about getting any special kind of bread. You probably already have a loaf of your favorite bread in the kitchen right now. Let’s go ahead and use that
I’ve found that the very best ratio of eggs/milk is 4 eggs for 1 cup of milk. This gives you excellent, rich and delicious french toast and works excellent with most types of bread. Personally, I love using good old classic white bread for French Toast. An ideal bread for will be a good hearty slice and on the thicker size. If you’ve got some brioche, that’s really ideal! Walmart has a brioche loaf that is super affordable and perfect. You can also get bread called Texas Toast.
Lastly, French Toast is extra delicious if you use real maple syrup and powdered sugar. After you plate the toast, first add a pat of butter or margarine, followed by the syrup, and finally some powdered sugar. A great idea for adding the powdered sugar is to place some in a salt shaker. This was you can just add a few dashes to sprinkle nicely on top. A flour sifter also works well for powdered sugar.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6–8 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tbs butter
- Whisk milk, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Place griddle or pan over medium heat and melt butter in pan.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture for about about 5 seconds each. Make sure both sides are well coated.
- Now carefully place the bread in the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides. Approximately 2 minutes per side.