one-pan no peek chicken and rice is sure to become a favorite family meal! Wild rice, soup, and chicken are combined in a single baking dish then baked to creamy chicken and rice perfection.
i’ve seen a few variations on the one-pan no peek chicken and rice but this is definitely one of my favorite no peek chicken recipes for two main reasons.One, all the ingredients are mixed and baked in the same 9×13-inch baking dish, which means minimal dishes to clean (especially if you serve the no peek chicken on paper plates). And two, it is loaded—and I mean loaded—with rich, hearty flavor.
the old version of this one-pan creamy chicken and rice dish recipe found in my ginormous recipe binder had plain ol’ white rice. And while that might be something my kids prefer, sometimes you’ve gotta ignore what the kids want and make something you like.this one-pan chicken recipe uses five chicken breasts, so it easily feeds a family of six, especially if the chicken breasts are solid pieces of poultry. We found a half chicken breast plus a solid helping of wild rice was plenty per person.
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 boxes Zatarain’s Long Grain & Wild Rice Mix, (7 oz each)
- 1 can cream of celery soup, (10.25 oz each)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, (10.25 oz each)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/4 can water, (soup can)
- 1 box Lipton Onion Soup Mix, (2 packets)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine rice mix, cream of celery soup, cream of mushroom soup, garlic powder, and water in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Mix well.
- Place chicken evenly on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Note: DON’T open the oven to peek at the chicken and for sure DON’T remove the foil!