This Forgotten Chicken is a one pan meal packed with flavor. Simple to prepare, perfect for busy nights, weekend dinner, or just about anytime.
i personally, love one dish meals. Anytime I can make a recipe that is both a main course and side dish, it is a winner in my book.A few weeks ago, as I was scrolling through Pinterest, I saw this recipe. All the reviews were great, the recipe was simple to make, and I knew I just had to try it. Since I didn’t have some of the ingredients on hand, I changed it up a bit so I didn’t have to go to the store that day.
Are you wondering why it is called Forgotten Chicken? Well, that’s because, if you forget it is in the oven, chances are, it will still be good. Throw this together, put it in the oven, and walk away for a while. Now, of course, don’t go walking away for too long, but this is quite the easy dish, and I would even call it fool proof.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Minute Rice *I use brown
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can water *use one of the soup cans
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix
- Using the 1 tbsp. butter, butter a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, 1 can of water, and Minute rice.
- Pour mixture into buttered pan.
- Place chicken breasts on top of mixture.
- Sprinkle Lipton onion soup evenly on top of chicken breasts.
- Cover pan with foil and place in a preheated oven, 350.
- Cook for about 1- 1 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy.