this egg roll in a bowl with creamy chili sauce is a wonderfully flavorful, quick Whole30 recipe made in one pan. It’s a low carb, keto friendly, and paleo slaw that becomes an addictive Asian dinner recipe the whole family will love. P.S. That creamy chili sauce.
it’s all the goodness of an egg roll without the unhealthy, deep-fried wrapper.Prep is super simple thanks to premade coleslaw mix..Topping it all with a spicy mayo takes the flavors in this egg roll in a bowl recipe to a whole other level.It’s Whole30 compliant, so there are absolutely no added sweeteners, grains, gluten, or soy. Perfect for those with allergies or who are just trying to eat healthy! We love it so much, we featured it in our Whole30 Meal Plan,It’s so easy to make a keto egg roll in a bowl using this recipe. Just swap out the coconut aminos for Braggs Aminos, Lite Tamari, or your favorite soy sauce (if you’re not also Whole30).
this Whole30 egg roll in a bowl with creamy chili sauce is a wonderfully flavorful, quick Whole30 recipe. This low carb, keto, and paleo recipe is an addictive Asian dinner the whole family will love. Made in one skillet.the full instructions and ingredients list are available in the recipe card at the bottom of this post, but here’s a look at what’s involved.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 green onions sliced, green and white parts divided
- 1/2 cup red onion diced. Skip for keto.
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 8-oz. can water chestnuts chopped.
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or hot sauce
- 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos for keto or low carb
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon white pepper or black pepper
- salt to taste
- black sesame seeds for garnish
- green parts of sliced green onions from above
Creamy Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha or hot sauce
- salt to taste
- 2018 Che Fico Pinot Grigio Riserve
- 2018 Che Fico Red Wine
- 2019 Etnico Rosé
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet and place over medium heat. Add white parts of green onions, diced red onion, and garlic and saute, stirring frequently, until the red onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground pork, grated ginger, water chestnuts (Skip for keto), and 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce or chili-garlic sauce and cook until pork is browned, broken up, and cooked through about 7-10 minutes.
- Add coleslaw mix, coconut aminos or soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, white pepper, and salt, to taste, and stir until well combined. Cook, stirring regularly, until cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1-2 tablespoons compliant hot sauce. Add a pinch of salt, to taste. To drizzle, place creamy chili sauce in a small plastic sandwich bag.
- To plate: spoon a hearty helping of the pork-cabbage mixture in a serving bowl. Snip off the corner of the sandwich bag with the creamy chili sauce and drizzle over egg roll in a bowl recipe mixture. Garnish with green parts of the green onions and black sesame seeds.