this Everything Bagel chicken with scallion cream cheese sauce is pure NYC bagel heaven! Chicken breasts are coated in Everything But the Bagel seasoning and baked to perfection then smothered in a delicious scallion cream cheese sauce. Keto and low carb with paleo and dairy-free options.
And Everything But the Bagel seasoning? She might be the queen. With a classic garlicky, oniony flavor and tons of crunch from the sesame and poppy seeds, I want to coat just about everything in Everything Bagel seasoning.Including, or maybe especially, this Everything Bagel Chicken with Scallion Cream Cheese Sauce. Yep – this recipe takes the very best parts of a classic Everything bagel and scallion cream cheese Except maybe the squishy carbs and post-bagel bloat and turns it into a keto and low carb dinner that’s super easy to throw together.
easy dinner inspired by New York City “Everything” bagels and classic scallion cream cheese spread. Chicken breasts coated in Everything But the Bagel seasoning and baked then topped with a quick and easy creamy, tangy scallion cream cheese sauce. Low carb, keto, paleo option.
Everything Bagel Chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter melted.
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Everything But the Bagel seasoning
Scallion Cream Cheese Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened,
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onions 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or milk see Note
- green onions thinly sliced
- Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- 2019 Adelante Sauvignon Blanc
- 2019 Etnico
- 2019 Cove Hunt Dog Chardonnay
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Place chicken breasts top-down in a baking dish. 9×9″ or larger. Using a pastry brush, brush surface of chicken with butter then sprinkle with salt. Don’t use as much salt as you normally would, since most Everything But the Bagel seasonings have salt in them
- Sprinkle surface of chicken with half the Everything But the Bagel seasoning. Use tongs and carefully flip chicken breasts. Brush tops with the remaining butter, sprinkle with the salt and coat with the remaining Everything but the Bagel seasonin
- Bake at 400º F for 25-35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160º F.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium bowl. Whisk in remaining sauce ingredients until very smooth. Taste and add salt to taste.
- When chicken is baked, remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve with plenty of scallion cream cheese sauce.