this hibachi chicken and fried rice recipe is rich, perfectly seasoned, and tastes like it was just made at your favorite Japanese restaurant. This the perfect way to make hibachi at home.The mustard sauce is sweet and just a little spicy, and adds a flavorful kick to the chicken, veggies, and fried rice. You’ll want to eat it on top of everything.
Fried rice was originally created as a way to use leftover old rice. To make hibachi rice, use rice you’ve made ahead of time instead of freshly cooked rice. For fried hibachi rice that tastes even more like restaurant-quality, use precooked rice bought at the grocery store.If you are grain-free, you can easily substitute the rice with cauliflower rice.Lightly toasting sesame seeds for the mustard sauce isn’t necessary, but it will enhance the flavor.
this recipe is a full hibachi chicken dinner at home! With restaurant-style sautéed veggies, fried rice, and super tender chicken, this hibachi recipe is served with a spicy mustard dipping sauce that really transports you to the Japanese steakhouse.A restaurant-style hibachi dinner complete with fried rice, tender chicken, veggies, and slightly spicy mustard sauce.
- 2 large skillets or woks
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 12 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1 cup frozen vegetables
- 2 eggs large
- 4 cups rice cooked, cool to the touch
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
- 1 zucchini large, quartered and cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 white onion large, halved and cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms about 8 ounces, quartered
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds preferably lightly toasted
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- For the mustard sauce: Lightly toast sesame seeds if desired. (See note.) Blend sesame seeds, dry mustard, 2 teaspoons honey, half and half, hot water, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and minced garlic in blender.
- Make the fried rice: Heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil on medium high in a large skillet or wok. Add diced onion and frozen vegetables, and sauté until onions are almost translucent, about 3 minutes. Move the vegetables to the side of pan.
- Crack eggs into pan and scramble with a spatula until cooked through and fully scrambled. Add 4 cups cooked rice and 4 tablespoons butter. Cook for 5 minutes and stir frequently. Add 4 tablespoons soy sauce and cook 1 additional minute. Pack fried rice firmly into bowls to keep hot.
- Make the chicken and vegetables at the same time. For the chicken: Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil and 1 tablespoon avocado oil in same skillet or wok used for fried rice. Add chicken, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to skillet. Cook chicken until it is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Stir only once or twice so chicken will brown.
- For the vegetables: In a separate large skillet or wok, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil and 1 tablespoon avocado oil on medium high heat. Add sliced onion, baby bella mushrooms, zucchini, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, salt, and pepper to skillet. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about 6-8 minutes.