All the great chicken parmesan flavors, combined in one easy one pot pasta dish that’s ready in 30 minutes.Less dishes, but a meal with maximum flavor.
do you love chicken parmesan, but don’t love all the dishes that come with it,Then this is the dish for you! One pot, 30 minutes.The pasta cooks in the pot with all the sauce and chicken, making it super flavorful.
You guys,have you tried one pot pasta dishes before? They. Are. amazing No waiting for a big pot of water to boil, no draining, no extra pot to wash.just one pot of pure comfort food. I have been dreaming up and testing all kinds of one pot pasta dishes for you all, and I think you’ll be excited with all the options over the next month or so.
I love chicken parmesan so. But I definitely don’t love the tedious breading process, so many dishes to wash, and how long it can take to make it! I dreamt up this dish a while ago, then found out The Cookie Rookie had already made a great version.
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, – diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium yellow onion, – minced
- 3 cloves garlic, – minced
- 16 oz dried short-cut pasta – (I used rigatoni)
- 24 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce – (I used Newman’s Own)
- water to fill empty marinara sauce jar
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- additional dried Italian seasoning, optional
- fresh parsley and/or basil, minced – for garnish
- To a large pot or skillet (I used my dutch oven), add a drizzle of olive oil and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Add chicken, season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cook about 5 minutes, until chicken is most of the way cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and cook about 2-3 minutes, until soft. Pour in marinara sauce, fill up empty sauce jar with water and add to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a strong simmer.
- Add chicken and pasta, stir, then cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, until pasta is cooked to your liking. Stir in parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top of the dish and cook another 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and gooey.
- Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning if desired, and garnish with parsley or basil.