Dinner does not get any easier than this 7 Can Chicken Taco Soup! Dump 7 cans into a pot plus some seasonings and that’s it! Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream. You won’t believe how yummy & easy it is.
I am sure you have seen some version of this ‘7 or 8 can soup’ floating around Pinterest. I’ve made it more times than I can count but never posted it on the blog because, it uses canned chicken.I have never even used canned chicken before this 7 can soup recipe appeared in my life. I am telling you, that it’s so good and easy that I specifically keep canned chicken on hand just for this recipe.If you have any issues with canned products well then come back tomorrow because today is all about the cans.
this recipe calls for one can of low-sodium chicken broth and I highly recommend using the low-sodium broth. I have made it a few times with regular chicken broth and we all find it to be way to salty,You will find this in the Mexican food aisle by the beans and salsa. I always use ‘mild’ so my kids will eat it, but feel free to use a ‘medium’ or ‘hot’ enchilada sauce. I’ve had some readers use red enchilada sauce with success but we definitely prefer the green chile enchilada sauce.
- 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can pinto beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can sweet corn (drained)
- 1 can (12.5 oz) chicken breast (drained & flaked)
- 1 can (10 oz) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients into a large soup pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling reduce heat to low and let simmer for at least 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, and avocado