Instant Pot Baked Ziti is a family favorite dinner that’s made even easier when you “bake” it in an Instant Pot.15 minutes start to finish and only a few simple ingredients. Your family will love this perfect baked ziti recipe.
Confession time I have made this baked ziti 3 different times in just 1 week! It is that good and I literally want to force everyone of you to make it Not really, but you should.I am always hesitant when it comes to Instant Pot Recipes because of that ‘burn’ notice. I have gotten that thing more times than I can count. Which is why when this recipe worked the first time I was amazed.
I did a little “research” about the Instant Pot and found that they changed their model at some point. Kind of like the iPhone. It starts at 1 or the basic model and then progresses from there. Same thing with the Instant Pot. They made their first model that only had the different categories to choose from, and then they made one that had the ‘manual’ button function , and then they changed it to one that had the ‘pressure cooker’ button function in place of the manual.
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed (I use garlic paste OR chopped garlic in a jar)
- 1 box (16 oz) ziti pasta
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese.
- Spray the insert of a 6 QT Instant Pot with cooking spray. Pour in the chicken broth and then the heavy whipping cream. It’s important to pour them in separately and the chicken broth needs to be first.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic into the liquid.
- Add the pasta but DO NOT STIR. If there is a mound of pasta or pasta that is sticking way out of the liquid, then gently press it down with a wooden spoon or spatula but do not stir it into the liquid!
- Evenly pour the crushed tomatoes over the pasta, and then sprinkle the basil and oregano over top the tomatoes. DO NOT STIR!
- Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and set the valve to the ‘sealing’ position. Select ‘manual’ (or ‘pressure cooker’ if that’s what your IP has) and change the time to 5 minutes cook time. It will take about 8 minutes to come to pressure and then the 5 minute cook time will start.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes (meaning do not unseal the valve just let the IP sit there for 10 minutes after the cook time), and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir everything together until it’s well combined.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese and/or chopped fresh basil if wanted.