Old School Chicken and Rice Casserole – seriously THE BEST!!! Everyone cleaned their plate and went back for seconds – even our picky eaters!!! Chicken, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, cream of celery, onion powder, garlic powder, water, milk, instant rice and parmesan cheese. This has quickly become a family favorite! We make it at least once a month. SO good!!
This Old School Chicken and Rice Casserole is truly scrumptious! We totally LOVED this dish. We had it for lunch and extra for two or three days a short time later. SO great! This meal is overly simple to make. It was all set in the stove in minutes. This makes a TON. Next time I may part it between two container and freeze one for some other time.
I utilized an entire rotisserie chicken in this goulash. On the off chance that you don’t have a rotisserie chicken, you will require around 4 cups of cooked chicken for the meal. This formula utilizes three jars of Cream of Whatever soup. I generally purchase the 98% without fat or Healthy Choice to eliminate fat and sodium. Our main thing from the meal was all the yummy parmesan cheddar on top! YUM! This was a gigantic hit in our home. Chicken Legs has just mentioned this again for supper. I can hardly wait!
- 1 rotisserie chicken (4 cups cooked chopped chicken)
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, fresh or green can
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove skin from rotisserie chicken and discard. Remove chicken meat from bones and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine, chopped chicken, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, water, milk and instant rice. Pour into prepared pan. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes.
Can use reduced-fat or healthy choice soup.Can use low-fat or fat-free milk.