This Vegan One Pot Pasta comes together quickly and leaves very little mess to clean up! A gluten free pasta simmers in a delicious creamy tomato pasta sauce, that is perfectly complimented by sautéed peppers, onions, garlic and sun dried tomatoes.
Does any other individual feel like good dieting implies a perpetual heap of dishes in the kitchen? I’m truly an expert at utilizing such a large number of dishes, cutting sheets, pots and machines in my plans. It’s something I have been attempting to be more aware of, and I have been dealing with transforming my plans into one pot or one bowl at whatever point conceivable.This pasta (in the same way as other things I make) just actually needs 1 pot, a blender, a blade and a slicing board to make. In the event that I hadn’t purposefully embarked to make it a one pot formula, you can wager I would have utilized 3! I’m convoluted that way.
I love utilizing absorbed cashews spot of dairy in my plans. There are such countless individuals who have dairy hypersensitivities or are lactose bigoted, and furthermore many individuals who simply need to consolidate more plant nourishments into their eating regimen. I’ve discovered that even individuals without limitations from dairy make the most of my cashew based cream sauces.
This delicious spring pasta dinner is a healthy meal and a real time saver! The veggies, gluten free pasta, and creamy vegan tomato cream sauce simmer in one pot, and turn into healthy dinner magic.
- 1 box Chickapea Pasta (8 ounces gluten free pasta)*
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper I used half orange, half yellow
- 2 cups green beans ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes chopped roughly
- herbs (fresh thyme, basil, Italian parsley or green onions) to garnish
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1/3 cup cashews soaked 2 hours and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups water do not add to the sauce
- Soak cashews in cold water for at least 2 hours or up to overnight. If you don’t have time for this step, soak cashews in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Add soaked and drained cashews and diced tomatoes to a blender with all the seasonings for the sauce. Blend until very smooth, about 1-2 minutes in a high speed blender, or a bit longer in a standard blender. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add olive oil, and onions and garlic. Saute on medium high heat until the onions and garlic have begun to brown.
- Add the sliced peppers and green beans, and saute until done to your liking. Remove all veggies from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pot (really, there’s no need to even wash it!), bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and then add Chickapea Pasta and the creamy tomato sauce. Allow to simmer on a low boil for 5-7 minutes, until the pasta is still al dente, but the sauce has begun to thicken. The sauce will seem like a lot, but will also cover the veggies.
- Add the veggies and sun dried tomatoes in, and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh thyme, parsley, or basil.
- This pasta is just as delicious the next day. The leftovers keep very well.