This Instant Pot chicken and rice is just absolutely dreamy. It’s rich and creamy but SO quick and easy to make. The whole family will love it, and it’s a true one-pot meal! With Parmesan cheese and a splash of lemon, this weeknight family dinner recipe is inspired by my favorite risotto recipe but with none of the hard work required.
Thick and rich with melty Parmesan, a tang of lemon juice, and completely cooked chicken and rice, this formula is a definitive solace food.chicken and rice is so rich and flavorful, yet so natural to make with only a couple steps in the Instant Pot, this is the ideal simple yet filling dinner. It’s totally one of my #1 Instant Pot chicken plans.formula just take a modest bunch of fixings that you may as of now have in your home! We love the way straightforward the fixings are nevertheless how incredibly rich and messy this chicken and rice is.
This creamy chicken and rice is a real one-pot meal! With Parmesan cheese and a splash of lemon, it’s an easy and delicious dinner.
- Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts about 2-3 breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3-4 cups chicken broth 3 cups for a firmer rice, 4 cups for a more risotto-inspired, soupier version. We personally prefer 4 cups.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice from one lemon
- 1 1/2 cups white rice rinsed. Do not use brown rice or instant rice
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt plus more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper plus more or less to taste.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add butter and let melt, then add garlic and onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir. Cook until no longer translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in rice, broth, and lemon juice. Stir well, bringing chicken pieces to top.
- Close lid and set valve to Sealing. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When cooking is completed, let naturally release for 2 minutes, then Quick Release rest of pressure. Stir well and season with Parmesan, salt, and pepper to taste. Add a little more chicken broth, if desired, to reach desired consistency – optional.
- If you find liquid still remaining on the top of your Instant Pot chicken and rice after cooking, stir well and turn on Sauté mode to fully incorporate.