Ultimate Slow Cooker Beef Stew made with chuck roast, Yukon potatoes and carrots for a rich beef stew that is perfect for the cold weather.like our Classic Beef Stew this slow cooker version is an easy, comfort food Soup Recipe you can make any day of the week.
Slow cooker dinners are so famous right now in light of current circumstances. We have less time with school and occasions and the climate is so cool we as a whole need food that is good and encouraging. This Ultimate Slow Cooker Beef Stew is the most awesome aspect all universes.
It will cook the entire day while you’re gone and when you return home you have the most stunning smell experiencing your kitchen.
One of the simplest and most scrumptious fixings in this stew: Yukon Potatoes! They’re rich and rich and won’t self-destruct following a difficult day of cooking. You additionally don’t have to strip these potatoes which will chop down fundamentally on the work you need to do prior to cooking.
- 3 pound chuck roast , boneless
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 4 carrots , peeled and cut into 2′ chunks
- 4 Yukon potatoes , cut into 2″ chunks
- 4 cups beef broth *
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , unsalted
- 2 tablespoons flour.
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat a large skillet or aluminum slow cooker insert on high heat.
- Season the beef with half the salt and all the pepper.
- Add to the skillet and brown on each side for 4-6 minutes or until deeply browned on each side.
- Remove the beef from the pan and add in the onions.
- Cut the beef into 2-3 inch chunks and add it to the slow cooker.
- Cook the onions for 3 minutes, stir then cook another 3 minutes.
- Into the slow cooker add the onions, carrots, potatoes, broth, second half of the salt, tomato paste, bay leaf, thyme, garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir all the ingredients until well mixed and cook on low for 7 hours.
- In a small bowl mix the butter and flour and add it to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook an additional hour or until thickened.