Instant Pot Lumberjack Breakfast—a layered breakfast dish of waffles, sausage, eggs and cheese. A hearty breakfast good enough to fuel a hard working lumberjack (or you!).
This is an intriguing interpretation of breakfast! I read a formula that layered waffles in the base and afterward poured a custard egg combination over the top. I considered how that would function in the Instant Pot so I tried it out. It’s similar to those short-term breakfast meals that have a layer of flat french bread on the base and the egg combination splashes into it. Same thought. Just with frozen waffles rather than lifeless bread.
In spite of the fact that it may sound a little bizarre right now Pot logger breakfast truly tastes astonishing. We ate it cheerfully without any extras. In the event that you’d like to prepare it in the stove you can! Cook for 40 minutes at 375 degrees F. I haven’t attempted this in the moderate cooker at this point however I figure it would work totally in a more modest 3 quart moderate cooker. I’d cook it for 2-3 hours on high in a lubed moderate cooker.
A layered breakfast dish of waffles, sausage, eggs and cheese. A hearty breakfast.
Equipment needed–pan for pot-in-pot cooking, sling or trivet, 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 frozen waffles
- 4 frozen pre-cooked sausage patties
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 diced green onion.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into bottom of Instant Pot.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- Toast the 4 waffles. Cut each waffle into quarters.
- Put the sausage patties on top of a paper towel lined plate and microwave for 90 seconds. Pat off any excess grease. Cut into quarters.
- In a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot (I used Fat daddios 7 inch by 3 inch pan*) layer the waffles, then the sausage patties. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle the cheese and green onions on top.
- Place pan on top of trivet. Lower the pan into the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes.
- When time is up move valve to venting. Remove the lid. Use a paper towel to gently pat off any moisture on top of casserole.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy with tabasco or salsa or even syrup.