Exemplary chicken noodle soup that will leave you feeling so great, so warm, so comfortable. Ideal for days off and cold evenings.
It’s the dead of winter. 33 degrees F throughout the week. Day off ice heaps all over the place. Furthermore, it’s just January, which means we essentially have around 3-4 months of winter left.Furthermore, since I am formally a Midwest inhabitant, that essentially means having this chicken noodle soup on the standard all. winter. long. It’s so warm, so comfortable, thus calming during these crisp evenings.
Presently this formula utilizes bone-in, skinless chicken bosoms which implies it will take somewhat more than expected for the chicken to cook through.But don’t stress, it yields the most delightful stock and the most delicate chicken nibbles (so it’s totally worth the additional time), doctored up with new dill and newly crushed lemon juice for a tad of jazz. Not terrible, but not great either good.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 30-40 minutes. Remove chicken and let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces, discarding bones.
- Stir in chicken and pasta and cook until tender, about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley, dill and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.