This cheesy, hot crab dip is truly addictive! It’s a super easy, creamy appetizer made with crab, green onions, cream cheese, mayo, and cheese. It’s naturally low carb, keto, and gluten free, and is great for tailgating, holidays, or entertaining.
It’s a creamy hot crab dip. Not “hot” like “spicy”, but “hot” like “warm and gooey and oven-baked”. If you’re looking for a little flavor-heat, though, you can add some Old Bay or cajun seasoning to your crab dip.easy to make. Seriously, just mix and bake. The hardest part of making this dip is not eating it all in one sitting. I won’t judge you if you do, though.
This is a fantastic make-ahead recipe! Just mix all the ingredients together, spread the mixture in the skillet, then cover tightly and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake it! Let it sit out of the fridge for 15-20 minutes before baking, or increase your bake time if your dip is very cold when you put it in the oven.Need a party snack for New Year’s Eve or football season? Look no further! This cheesy baked crab dip is low carb and gluten free, so it works for a variety of dietary needs. Plus it’s delicious, and who doesn’t love delicious food.
This crab dip is truly addictive! It’s a super easy and ultra delicious, rich and creamy appetizer made with crab, green onions, cream cheese, mayo, and cheese.
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened, 1 1/2 blocks
- 6 green onions finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 (6-ounce) cans crabmeat drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese or mozzarella
- sliced green onions for garnish
- crackers, chips, or crostini for serving,
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise, crabmeat, garlic powder, salt, and 1/2 of shredded cheese. Stir until very well combined.
- Spread into a small 6-inch cast-iron skillet or 1 quart baking dish. Top with other 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven or until bubbly.
- Turn broiler on and broil until cheese on top is browned in spots.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes before serving. The dip will be very hot.