This white bean chili is just perfect! It’s absolutely loaded with flavor, easy to make, and super filling. It’s healthy and the best white bean chili out there! A must for your fall and tailgating recipes rotation.
This truly is the best white bean chili I’ve ever had! I cannot get over how delicious, filling, and creamy (without the cream!) this recipe is.It’s so simple to make but the result is a crazy flavorful and hearty meal.You can make it ahead of time and it’s great for meal prep and freezes well.It’s low in fat and high in protein for a deliciously well balanced meal.
This white bean chili is just perfect! It’s absolutely loaded with flavor, easy to make, and super filling.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 15.8 ounce cans of white beans drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cubed
- 2 cans green chiles undrained
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 1 cup onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chopped (about one jalapeno)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves packed
- Sour cream to serve.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat in a pan. Add the chicken and saute for about 3-5 minutes then remove and set aside.
- In the pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and jalapeno. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Rough chop 1/2 cup of cilantro and add to onion, garlic and jalapeno mixture. Saute for a few seconds then add all to a large pot.
- Add all seasonings (cumin, cayenne, oregano, paprika, black pepper, salt). Reduce heat to medium and let simmer.
- Add the beans and chicken stock.
- Let the chili simmer at least another 30 minutes, but the longer, the better. Use a potato masher to mash the beans- a few mashes should do the trick. You should do this before adding the chicken if the beans are nice and soft.
- Add in the chicken, corn and chiles.
- Before serving, add the rest of cilantro.