I can’t get enough of the white chocolate and peppermint combo in these cookies. This minty recipe is an adaptation of my tried and true Homemade Sugar Cookies recipe. They have the same soft and chewy texture with an added coolness and sweetness from the peppermint pieces and white chocolate. These cookies are also made with peppermint extract, so they have plenty of flavor without being overpowering.
easy Christmas cookies come together in just 20 minutes! They’ll look amazing on your holiday cookie plate, and they make the perfect treat for Santa Claus. But even if these cookies are ideal for Christmas, they’re also good enough to make year round.
I recommend using either candy canes or Brach’s peppermint candies for this recipe. They both have great peppermint flavor, they’re inexpensive and they’re easy to crush. Simply place them in a plastic bag and pound them with a rolling pin! If you want bigger chunks of peppermint in your cookies, don’t crush your mints too finely. You can also often find pre-crushed peppermint pieces on the baking aisle in certain stores.
These easy homemade Peppermint Sugar Cookies are soft and chewy cookies with peppermint pieces and white chocolate chips. They’re festive, flavorful and hard not to get addicted to.
- 2 3/4 cups (358g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (224g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (233g) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (28g) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cups (211g) white chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp crushed peppermint pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. You should be able to see the change in color happen and know it’s ready.
- Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and peppermint extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is well combined. It will be thick and shouldn’t be sticky. Do not over mix.
- Once it’s well combined, add the white chocolate chips and peppermint pieces and use a rubber spatula to help it come together to form a more cohesive ball.
- Create 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Gently roll into a ball, then set the balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes. The cookies will spread and the centers will look soft, but should look done. Remove just as the edges begin to turn golden. Don’t overbake. The cookies may look a little puffy when you take them out of the oven but will fall a bit as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.