Tomato Hamburger Vegetable Soup is an easy tomato based soup recipe that is filled with ground beef, seasonings, and uses frozen vegetables for ease and convenience.
I’ve been holding out on you all with this tomato hamburger vegetable soup recipe. I mentioned when I posted these soft & fluffy one hour rolls that we dipped the rolls in this delicious hamburger vegetable soup. And let me tell you, I have had a craving for it ever since.we loved this soup so much that it’s already made it into next weeks menu plan. The best part is that it’s so easy to make and the smell of it simmering on the stove top is one of my favorite things ever.
use fresh garlic cloves that have been pressed or minced. Use the chopped garlic from a jar. Or you can use garlic paste in the tube that you’ll find in the refrigerated area of the produce section and I always use Yukon Gold potatoes for this recipe but red potatoes would also be good
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and chopped potatoes (I always use Yukon Gold)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) beef broth
- 1 can (10 oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomaotes, undrained
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a soup pot, over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, onion, garlic, and salt until no longer pink. Break up meat in crumbles as it cooks. Drain and return to the soup pot.
- Add chopped potatoes, beef broth, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, frozen vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, and the seasonings. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with a lid and reduce hear to medium-low. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to combine and the soup to become thicker.
- Leftovers can be put into freezer Ziploc bags. When needed, pull bag out of freezer and defrost in microwave. Heat on stove top or in microwave.